First day outside

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
I moved some of my 7 week old chicks outside to another pen today for the first time. It's an assorted group which includes my first blue orps.
Favorite little pullet..camera shy
100_0183.jpg

Checking things out
100_0180.jpg

Gawky teen-ager
100_0182.jpg

Group shot
100_0181.jpg

They look so happy!
big_smile.png
Mine got to go outside for the first time a few days ago. They really loved playing in the sunshine! Well today it is blizzarding and they are not happy!
sad.png

Those are some cute chicks, Katy! Mine are 1 week behind yours. I opened the door to their part of the coop and let them "freerange" today. They didn't get more than 4 feet away from the door, but seemed to have a good time scratching in the dirt.

You have a nice looking crop of chicks there!

I put the babies I hatched this week out in the yard today. They have had a blast. It is in the 80's here and the sun makes it feel warmer. They have played and flopped and slept. So much fun to watch.

Quote:
I actually took some pix of them today too! They were both roos...just of course!
roll.png

This is the one that was lightest as a chick.
100_1968.jpg

And this guy was the darker of the two
100_1960.jpg

Oh my goodness they are big!!!! I can't believe in five more weeks my babies will be that big!!!! Their brooder i have for them is going to be too small very very soon.

Eureka! The "gawky teenager"! What breed of chicken is that? That's what mine are, only I have not been able to post a pic and find out what they are.

Your chicks are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom