First duck eggs... now?!? Proud pics

ekofke201

Songster
10 Years
Dec 27, 2011
Southern PA
I just went out this morning to take care of the girls and found these in addition to my Delaware's morning gift (she is my only chicken laying)...

These are from my Runners, yes? I found them in the run rather then in their house. I have stopped locking them up at night since they seem to prefer to be out, they are safe, and I certainly didn't think I would see any eggs until the spring.

These are the first eggs ever from them! Laid on the coldest night of the year thus far, following the hurricane last week. I am totally SHOCKED!

I just went out this morning to take care of the girls and found these in addition to my Delaware's morning gift (she is my only chicken laying)...

These are from my Runners, yes?  I found them in the run rather then in their house.  I have stopped locking them up at night since they seem to prefer to be out, they are safe, and I certainly didn't think I would see any eggs until the spring.

These are the first eggs ever from them!  Laid on the coldest night of the year thus far, following the hurricane last week.  I am totally SHOCKED!
It's the coldest night here as well. Wow! Beautiful eggs!! Congrats :D

How old are they?

They were 20 weeks in early October... So I guess that puts them at about 24 weeks. Wild! Everything I have read says that they won't lay until the spring because they turned 20 weeks after the 1st of September.

They were 20 weeks in early October... So I guess that puts them at about 24 weeks.  Wild!  Everything I have read says that they won't lay until the spring because they turned 20 weeks after the 1st of September. 
My chickens start laying in the winter, but I have no idea when my call ducks will start. They are almost 18 weeks old. I'd be shocked if they laid before spring!

Back
Top Bottom