First Egg!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's a BIG one.

Harley Chick

Songster
6 Years
Apr 4, 2018
Unionville TN
It's finally happened!!!! Our first egg!!! I believe it's the Golden Comet at 20 weeks today. It's bigger than the large eggs I buy from the store so could it really be a jumbo?? :yesss: Can anyone tell me how I can verify which pullet has laid this one? I have two girls squatting right now but the GC has the larger waddle than our BR.....:bow

Attachments

• IMG_7534.jpg
    IMG_7534.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 22
It's finally happened!!!! Our first egg!!! I believe it's the Golden Comet at 20 weeks today. It's bigger than the large eggs I buy from the store so could it really be a jumbo?? :yesss: Can anyone tell me how I can verify which pullet has laid this one? I have two girls squatting right now but the GC has the larger waddle than our BR.....:bow

Congratulations! :wee

Congrats!
Bet that's a double yolker.
Also bet that's a GC egg....think BR's are lighter colored.

Checking pelvic points may help you determine.....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
Congrats!
Bet that's a double yolker.
Also bet that's a GC egg....think BR's are lighter colored.

Checking pelvic points may help you determine.....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
you know your eggs!!!~!!!!! Mimi is a Golden Comet while Lucy is a Barred Rock. They both gifted us this weekend with as of yesterday 3 3 eggs......

Busy weekend here at the hen house. 2 darker ones I believe are from our Mimi (GC) funny shaped one was laid yesterday by Lucy our BR......aart you are so correct with your egg ID'ing. Lucy was like a pacing mother yesterday when I was installing their new curtains.....she approves obviously because later that day I found this in the box she was inspecting......they are such delightful creatures.

Attachments

• IMG_7476.JPG
    IMG_7476.JPG
    753.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7509.JPG
    IMG_7509.JPG
    582.4 KB · Views: 8
  • weekend eggs.JPG
    weekend eggs.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom