First EGG! Attn*VENT THREAD FANS*

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
Yippee...my dd found the first egg today. WHAT sheer joy...we all jumped up and down screaming like banshees! It is tiny, green and so adorable. Here is the egg and chicken who laid it...the one who I was for sure was getting ready to lay...and splattered her unmentionables all over BYC! LOL
Finally...the day has come!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

August_chickens_lemonade090.jpg

August_chickens_lemonade094.jpg

AND one for the VENT THREAD FANS!
baby_aran.jpg

Congratulations cheeptrick.........is that your first egg? I dont know why i am surprised. I think i thought you were already getting eggs. I'm about ready to make the 'omlet' threat like another poster on here did.....and it worked.

smile.png
YES first egg...not in nesting boxes...found in the bushes behind the shed. She made a neat little nest. Made my dd's day. We scoured the property looking for others...no luck. I think I'm going to put straw in the coop and let them make their own nest. Her nest was meticulously made...so I think she's been planning for a couple days. She was so proud of herself BAWKING all over and looking very relieved. We caught 10 grasshoppers for her and watched her gobble them up.
Cannot wait for the others to start!

OMG...I am LAUGHING (and spitting my monitor) out loud!!!!...

I followed the whole vent thread (and laughed...and also respect your decision to pull it)
but what you just posted is very funny!!! I was soooo not expecting the 3rd pic.

By the way....Congrats!!!!!!

Lisa

Congratulations!
wee.gif
That is soooo exciting to get your first egg.
The egg is beautiful and so is the hen. I have 5 arucana/americana hens and we just love them. They are my daughter's favorite out of all the breeds that we have. Don't you just love them! Keep us posted on their progress. By the way, love the baby egg pic.

Grats on the egg
eechickenani.gif

bgeggs2.gif

gig.gif
nice job on the photo shop, hehe!
Remember to add your info to this thread While your at it
bsmile.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on the first egg
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
. Our black orpington laid her first egg 2 days ago. I can relate to your excitement. We can't wait for the 2nd one!

Wooooohooooooooooo

How exciting - and for everyone else - check my Avatar to see EXACTLY where that egg came from!
gig.gif

Very pretty color by the way - I have two EE's and I'm hoping I get some cool color eggs!

Back
Top Bottom