First Egg Countdown

Pics
We got our first egg last night! The problem that kept me up all night was wondering from which little girl did it arrive? I have a wonderful variety of bantams, and from the breed lists I've read, they should all lay brown or at least tinted eggs...this one is perfect and white!!! But it is so cute & small. I wish I could post the picture!

Oh well, I will just keep an eye out and see what changes are occurring. Like that is a tough task! LOL! They are almost the best therapy!

Congrats Denise!!! You should post the pic that you sent to me of your girl's first egg! I think that's your Mille Fleur D'Uccle girl, they lay cream colored eggs. Did she use the nesting box?

You know, I never thought of this, but we could put Mumbles and Peanut here in this thread too as a joint venture
tongue.png

And just so I don't confuse everyone, Mumbles and Peanut are two cochin girls that I gave to Denise because my big girls are mean to smaller birds. They should be 17 weeks old this very day! I bet Mumbles is going to be a great broody; she's such a cuddler.

Quote:
Well, the egg was in a nesting box, but when I found it, Peanut was hovering at that particular box. I was thinking it might have been PB (now, I'm back to thinking she's a girl!) but cochins lay brown eggs! Hootie (Mille Fleur D'Uccle) is acting a little strange, too! I'm so confused!

Yes, I'd be thrilled to joint venture Mumbles & Peanut!

87478_1st_egg_aug_22.jpg

Lol Peanut was probably going "What in the world is THAT? Hootie, WHAT have you been eating???"

ugh my Buff Orp we raised from day old is 25 weeks and still no egg that I know of. Her comb and wattles are still smaller but red. please tell me she will lay soon...

My impatient wait for the first egg has been replaced by an even MORE impatient wait for the second egg!! Now I know she can do it, why isn't she?? It's been 3 days now! The other option is, she escapes the run constantly and spends most of her day wandering around the yard....there could be a hidden nest somewhere in our yard! I've searched and searched and haven't found anything, though......

Quote:
They do it to keep you on your toes. Quit lookin' and you'll find one.
lol.png

Is that "a watched chicken never lays?"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom