First Egg Countdown

[quoteme="MalMom" url="/t/524071/first-egg-countdown/3720#post_11737038"]Sorry! I don't know why it posted here. I posted it in another thread on my phone, but it never showed up. Ya'll can just ignore that!
wink.png
And thank you annie! [/quote] No problem! :)

2 rir and 2 EEs. All 22 weeks and no eggs. My nesting boxes have been set up for 6 weeks now. I keep sharpening the axe in front of them but they don't seem to be bothered by the threat. Any words of advice?

It is so frustrating. I don't know when my NHR and EE started laying since I got them as pullets from Murray McMurray and they were supposed to be 15-20 weeks old but I had them 10 weeks before the first lay
My EE are blue and pinkie, my NHR are light brown. If I knew how to post a pic I would
hu.gif

2 rir and 2 EEs. All 22 weeks and no eggs. My nesting boxes have been set up for 6 weeks now. I keep sharpening the axe in front of them but they don't seem to be bothered by the threat. Any words of advice?

All you can do is wait. Mine are over 20 weeks old so its just a waiting game. My girlfriend says ill have eggs in october due to the cool summer we have had i think it will be end of this month.

Last edited:
It is so frustrating. I don't know when my NHR and EE started laying since I got them as pullets from Murray McMurray and they were supposed to be 15-20 weeks old but I had them 10 weeks before the first lay
My EE are blue and pinkie, my NHR are light brown. If I knew how to post a pic I would
hu.gif

Just click on the little photo button in the top of the reply box (8 icons from the right). Click browse and find the file on your computer, click save, then choose the file size you'd like and click submit!

Got the second little egg from the barred rock today, this is two days in a row for the rock. What a star! Second egg was very slightly bigger than the first.
Yay!
22 weeks is still pretty young. Just be patient.

Back
Top Bottom