First Egg Countdown

Pics
Hmm, I think I'd better stop following this thread,and try to forget about eggs for a few weeks. My chickens are 17 (and a half) weeks old - they "could" start laying now, but 20 weeks is more realistic. So, rather than checking the nest box 3 & r times a day, I'm decided that my chickens won't lay until 20 weeks old, so, I should stop hoping for eggs now (either that, or keep driving myself crazy ) LOL.

My girls are 19 weeks today and I got my first EGG!
wee.gif
It was small and cute....

Here it is next to the white ceramic egg.
12435_dscn1479.jpg

Quote:
I have weeks to go also, but I just love this thread. How could you give it up? I am just too excited and happy for everyone and it never fails to make me smile.
wee.gif
Your will come in due time. Relax and enjoy.

Congrats on all the beautiful eggs...please keep us informed. It helps the time go by until I get my own eggs.

Well we got our first egg, but it wasn't a good egg. You were right Happy Chooks, it was Princess the RIR that laid first. The egg had more of a membrane than a shell on it and Princess was eating it. It must have broken open. I hope the next one is a better egg.

I guess i'll join in too! Okay, well right now i have 11 hens (RIR, SLW And Speckled Sussex) and they are 12 weeks, turning 13 weeks on monday. And one of my RIR's faces is turning red (no comb growth yet) and also one of the Speckled sussex.

thumbsup.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

We are going on vacation in August (for almost the whole month, 3 weeks) and my fingers are crossed (like this
fl.gif
) that they won't lay their first egg while we are away...

YAY CHICKIES/PULLETS!!!!!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif

(sorry, i kinda went overboard on the smilies...)

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone getting eggs!
celebrate.gif

And if you're not - you'll get there!

I'll be on this thread awhile, I have to wait until September for my barnevelders to start laying. And I have eggs under a broody - due to hatch 8/2 but broodies usually hatch babies a bit early.
fl.gif
for some splash babies.

Back
Top Bottom