First Egg Countdown

Linseylew, that's a great pic! Congrats to everyone who's just got their first egg. Tonight I cleaned the coop and was very excited to feel something hard and round under the straw in the nest... and then I remembered I'd put a golf ball in there.
lau.gif

Linseylew, that's a great pic! Congrats to everyone who's just got their first egg. Tonight I cleaned the coop and was very excited to feel something hard and round under the straw in the nest... and then I remembered I'd put a golf ball in there.
lau.gif
Thats too funny! Sorry it wasnt the real deal lol.

Lol SouthernAlberta, I've done that too, just with Pingpong balls.

My girls are way off production right now because we have a nasty heatwave. I think we've had 6 days in a row now over 100 degrees. I have a misting line on my girls, and give them cold watermelon, but they can't be excited about the heat.

Heck, I 'forget' to go out there more than once a day to collect eggs.

lau.gif
That's too funny! My 7 year old ran in the house yesterday with my fake brown egg as if he found the first egg! I told him it wasn't real an I just put it in there to show the girls where to lay and he still couldn't believe it he had to try and crack it on the table
lol.png
The feed store makes them look so real and even the weight of a real egg lol.

WE have our first egg!! Unfortunately whichever of the girls who laid it didn't do so in the next box ..so when they jumped back down off their roost, they seem to have landed right on the egg ...then proceeded to eat it! ...I quickly removed it ...don't want to start any of that egg eating business. My first egg ...... about $400 ...inedible ...but I got one ... WOO WOO!

First Egg!!! Today Woot! Our little Gwen a Rhode Island Red laid her first egg today! its by her foot almost blends in with her :D i caught her in the act and it was neat to watch! Can't wait till my other gal Arewyn Lays her first XD

Grats Yakibert and Savvychicken!!! Lol I love the look on that RIR's face. "OMG WHAT WAS THAT!?!?!"

Back
Top Bottom