First Egg Countdown!!

YAY!!!!!!! It happened. I am assuming it was one of my dominiques as she s the only one who has squatted. It is very small but absolutely perfect in form and color. I am going out but I will post a picture as soon as I am able.

found another one today about the same size as yesterday it was in the coop area not in the run. I put that egg in the coop and see what happens tomorrow.

IT HAS HAPPENED.............................
wee.gif
OUR FIRST EGG!!!!! ITS BIG AND BEAUTIFUL
celebrate.gif

Now I just have to figure out witch of the 3 hens it was
lau.gif
........BSL been red faced for 4 weeks, RIR red faced for 1 week, WW Red for a few days and this morning after I found this egg I opened the run and she did the squat for me!!!!!! So I will have to spy on them tomorrow to see who layed this egg.

My 6 year old and I have been on cloud nine for 2 hours.

Store bought (large) on the left, our first egg on the right.............update...It was a double yoker!!!

Congrats on your egg.

Comparison picture. Can you guess which is from my chicken? Ha Ha.

Its beautiful and a great color. My first egg posted above was a double yolker and big, Today my daughter and I are camped out on the screened in porch in the middle of a thunderstorm trying to listed for the egg song we want to know who layed the first egg (we are crazzzzy) I am sure the next egg if single yolk will be much much smaller.......they are so dang adorable!!!!!!!!!

I am just as crazy Chickenfever. But I am 99% sure who laid this. On the other hand a different Dom squatted for me today so I suppose it could have been her. I really hadn't tried to see who would squat and who doesn't since the first one did it. I just know I am still going nuts wanting at least 3 eggs in one day. I have one RSL that is WAY behind in development. She needs a hormone shot (just kidding). The prodigal RSL that spent 6 weeks in the woods fending off predators and weather is more developed than her.

I am just as crazy Chickenfever. But I am 99% sure who laid this. On the other hand a different Dom squatted for me today so I suppose it could have been her. I really hadn't tried to see who would squat and who doesn't since the first one did it. I just know I am still going nuts wanting at least 3 eggs in one day. I have one RSL that is WAY behind in development. She needs a hormone shot (just kidding). The prodigal RSL that spent 6 weeks in the woods fending off predators and weather is more developed than her.
our spying worked, our BSL is the one laying. We heard her scratching in the box. After she layed, she quietly stepped out of the box and into the run. No egg song from her. This egg was much smaller than the first. (first was double yolk). I guess all chickens are different.

I wonder why is so far behind?????? Could she be younger?

our spying worked, our BSL is the one laying. We heard her scratching in the box. After she layed, she quietly stepped out of the box and into the run. No egg song from her. This egg was much smaller than the first. (first was double yolk). I guess all chickens are different.

I wonder why is so far behind?????? Could she be younger?
She could only possibly be one or two days younger. I got them all at the same time. She is just slow. Probably a week maybe two before she will get to the point of the other two. On the bright side the other dominique squatted today.

Back
Top Bottom