First Egg Countdown!!

We ate our chickens first egg. It was a double yolker small egg. It tasted great though
smile.png
Thanks!

THE WAIT IS OVER! My wife was checking all morning and then runs out to the coop as I am pulling in the driveway to check and BINGO! Thank you Golden Comets!

Compared to our last store bought egg!

We got our first egg!!! It was crushed though! :( She layed it in the nesting box but there was no hay where she did it, so it was directly on wood. Hoping none of the chickens got a taste of it before I got to it! I dont want them eating the eggs!

weee! our first "green" egg!

this was laid by Frankie the "americauna" (as sold to me by the breeder) AKA easter egger.
the left egg is an australorp; the far right egg was laid by a runt RIR :)

supposedly they are all 24 weeks, but I have my doubts about that!

We are awaiting our first egg - anytime now!!!! They have made nests in their nest boxes, are very vocal lately, squat and shake when I bend down to pet them, super red waddles and comb, all the signs! This morning, they all went back into the coop and apparently tried their nest boxes again and then again. I am trying not to disturb them, I keep watching out the window.

We have 3 red sex links and they are about 18 weeks old.

We are awaiting our first egg - anytime now!!!! They have made nests in their nest boxes, are very vocal lately, squat and shake when I bend down to pet them, super red waddles and comb, all the signs! This morning, they all went back into the coop and apparently tried their nest boxes again and then again. I am trying not to disturb them, I keep watching out the window.

We have 3 red sex links and they are about 18 weeks old.
I have one RSL doing the same thing..... not quite as vocal as I would like, but squatting and checking out next box. Sounds like you should have some eggs pretty soon!
celebrate.gif

The first egg came! Just after I made my last post: I went out to see what they were all staring at in the corner of the pen. I still don't know what they were staring at... I decided to check the nest boxes and there she was and it is beautiful and darn near perfect.

Mine is the beautiful brown egg and that is a white store bought (hopefully one of the last!).

Here is my very happy daughter:

She keeps going to look for another!
I can't get over how large it is for a first egg! My husband and son missed it too, they are out of town helping my brother in law.

The first egg came! Just after I made my last post: I went out to see what they were all staring at in the corner of the pen. I still don't know what they were staring at... I decided to check the nest boxes and there she was and it is beautiful and darn near perfect.

Mine is the beautiful brown egg and that is a white store bought (hopefully one of the last!).

Here is my very happy daughter:

She keeps going to look for another!
I can't get over how large it is for a first egg! My husband and son missed it too, they are out of town helping my brother in law.
Wow its so big! What breed is she? My RIR has layed three so far and they are VERY small!

Back
Top Bottom