First Egg - First Chickens - Eleanor at 18 Weeks + 1 Day

hkeibard

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
I'm over the 🌛 ...Today Eleanor Roosevelt Peckerhead laid the first egg from my first batch of chickens ever. All of them are 18 weeks + 1 day. I know it was Eleanor because I saw her in the nesting box while I was in the run doing a check on things. It was the first time I caught one of them in any of the boxes, though I had been seeing some signs of it. I checked it out when she left the box and sure enough, first egg. So proud!

Oh - and though it was small, it looked great and was delicious!

Attachments

• First Egg - Eleanor.jpg
    First Egg - Eleanor.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 9
hi hkeiband,
that's so exciting! congrats on first egg. I remember the excitement. isn't it amazing?
Thanks. It sure is amazing. I can't recall the last time I was so excited by something. My husband is happy for me but I'm sure he thinks I've gone nuts as well. I ran into the house hollering "Eleanor's Done It". I like this brand of crazy! :yesss::wee

What a beautiful hen, we had some that looked just like that! Congrats for the 1st egg! Our 1st was small, and we were used to store eggs. So the bright orange of the yolk shocked us a bit, but it was tasty! Nobody would eat it, so I got to try the whole think myself! :drool Yum!!

What a beautiful hen, we had some that looked just like that! Congrats for the 1st egg! Our 1st was small, and we were used to store eggs. So the bright orange of the yolk shocked us a bit, but it was tasty! Nobody would eat it, so I got to try the whole think myself! :drool Yum!!
We split the little egg four ways but it was still delicious! Now I can finally allow myself to buy that egg skelter that has been in my shopping cart with amazon for months. Optimism!

We split the little egg four ways but it was still delicious! Now I can finally allow myself to buy that egg skelter that has been in my shopping cart with amazon for months. Optimism!
We have an egg skelter, but we also have 30 chickens!
Our egg skelter can’t keep up!:barnieSo we give eggs to our neighbors. We also store extra eggs in cartons.

Back
Top Bottom