First Egg Found

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 41ford, May 27, 2010.

1. 41ford

41ford Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2010
    Hustisford Wisconsin
    New guy here .My 10 yr old son found the first egg last night .He was very excited ,Everyone need to get called .
  2. txmel

txmel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    boerne, tx
    [​IMG] isn't the first egg exciting. i found my first about 2 weeks ago!
  3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! It is exciting.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG]
  4. markb816

markb816 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    can u give us a pic of the egg and the proud chicken who laid it ?
  5. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    Yay! Congratulations! I completely understand. When I found our first egg I had pictures all over Facebook and I called my whole family! They thought I was nuts but hey it was exciting for me!
  6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Welcome to BYC! Congrats on that first egg. I get almost as excited when I collect each & every now, still to this day, years after my first! It's an amazing little miracle! hubby has a 31 Ford hotrod. Tell us about yours!
  7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, yes, indeedy! Even when I find an egg OUTSIDE of the coop, say, in a bush because the urge occurred while free-ranging, I still congratulate the one who laid it and thank her for her gift. (With a little, fond chide of "You know there's a nest box for these, don't you?"

But my FIRST egg, oh WOW. Photos galore, e-mailed everywhere. [​IMG]
  8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Yup! Yup! My first egg arrived when I was at's my hobby, DH supports me, but frankly, it's just not his thing. Anyway, so I'm at work, and all of a sudden I get an e-mail with a pic attached - it was our first egg, and he'd added text underneath that simply said "EGG" with an arrow. HA! Even just getting a picture in an e-mail of our first egg, I couldn't WAIT to get home to see it in person!
  9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Yeah! when I found my first egg I got so excited that I came running inside to show everyone and before I got to take pictures *clumsy me* I dropped it! I was so mad at myself! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    How cool that your son found #1!
    I was so excited when I found my first I took a pic with my cellphone - little pullet egg in my hand.
    I look at it now & laugh cuz the eggs are SO MUCH BIGGER now [​IMG]

'41 Ford was my DH's first car - he's 8 years gone now, but I can still hear the pride in his voice when he talked about that car.
    Last edited: May 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by