First egg from Cayuga

Jesus lol you’re super negative about my excitement. I have raised my Cayuga’s since they were 6 weeks old and they are doing just fine. Although I am new to this egg laying/hatching process plus learning the terms does not mean I am incompetent. I will continue to learn and continue to love/spoil my ducks. Btw I am not forcing them to do anything. I am simply asking what to look for since she is laying. Hopefully your day gets better and your mood improves.
I’m not being negative in anyway… and to my defence the way your coming across does make you sound like your a bit incompetent… I do apologise its hard to gage someones tone when your reading a post… lol

the most importent thing to look for with ducks is the squishing if you see the squishing then you can porbably leave the eggs in the nest and see what what happens within a week 2 week time frame….

my cayugas havent bred yet but my drake hasn’t squished yet either… (he looks like an awakward teenage boy not exactly sure on what or how he’s meant to do it..lol 🤣🤣) I’m hoping this coming season it will be a different story

my Muscovys have bred my drake squishes like no tomorrow…. I’ve had one duckling hatch under mumma ( which was a egg nap) and I’ve hatched one in the bator… for some unknown reason a lot of my Muscovy eggs are either early quitters or extremely (alive and well on day 37 gave up on day 40) late quitters….

I wish you luck once she starts sitting on the eggs candle them o. Day 10 and let us know How it goes

View attachment 2729506
Checked for any new eggs just now & although there weren’t any (yet) she did form a better nest than yesterday (posted the photo) perhaps she’ll beat the odds and be a great mother 🤞🏼
C5453992-B66E-49E4-A808-8285F77D33D4.jpeg

Day 2 and egg #2 found this afternoon close 5 PM! ♥️

I’m not being negative in anyway… and to my defence the way your coming across does make you sound like your a bit incompetent… I do apologise its hard to gage someones tone when your reading a post… lol

the most importent thing to look for with ducks is the squishing if you see the squishing then you can porbably leave the eggs in the nest and see what what happens within a week 2 week time frame….

my cayugas havent bred yet but my drake hasn’t squished yet either… (he looks like an awakward teenage boy not exactly sure on what or how he’s meant to do it..lol 🤣🤣) I’m hoping this coming season it will be a different story

my Muscovys have bred my drake squishes like no tomorrow…. I’ve had one duckling hatch under mumma ( which was a egg nap) and I’ve hatched one in the bator… for some unknown reason a lot of my Muscovy eggs are either early quitters or extremely (alive and well on day 37 gave up on day 40) late quitters….

I wish you luck once she starts sitting on the eggs candle them o. Day 10 and let us know How it goes
Ok, I hatched 6 ducklings under a broody mama and 4 in the incubator and I have never heard of this "squishing" is you keep talking about... LOL

Interesting. I could possibly have 2 baby mamas on my hands?! 😩
They will all probably try to lay in the same nest. Mine mostly do.
That doesn't mean both or all will go broody. Hope they don't. Co-broody situations don't always end well. A year or so ago I had co-broody Cayugas tend they fought over the first hatchling and almost ripped it apart.

Back
Top Bottom