1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

first egg from the sussexes

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by patandchickens, Sep 25, 2008.

1. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Not that anyone but me cares, but since nobody in this house really cares either, I just had to say that I got my first egg from the speckled sussexes today (I believe they are like 22-23 wks?). Woo hoo!

And the campine hen (same age, now in same pen) has upsized her eggs to about Medium, and I can see the little fertilization thingamajiggie in 'em so evidently Pants has figured out his job as well. (I am sure it is Pants, b/c Itchy is now not allowed anywhere near the hens, poor thing [although he is such a hormonal nutcase I am sure the hens are glad not to have him near them]. This weekend I need to build a divider so I can give him a few of the hens for his own, otherwise I'm afraid he will just get madder and madder til he has it out with Pants... and I doubt that Itchy would win)

It is nice to have fully functional chickens <g>

Pat

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    congrats on your first speckled sussexes egg [​IMG]

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Congrats on your first egg from the girls!!

Wish my girls would give it up already! They are being stubborn and they are 24 weeks!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by