First egg! I am very excited.

13th.PNG

My newest hens that started to lay, I am looking forward to my welsummer who will lay a tan egg with spots.

I am struck at how beautiful this egg is! I am guessing it's from our cuckoo Marans, as she started doing the squat about 3 days before our Blue Star. Gorgeous egg!! I was beyond excited when I found this in the corner of the coop (not in the nest box but that's okay for now, we just have two chickens)
3287909-afa84c73ef4d9f42fdf2f6c7f1685d8c.jpg
Congrats! Nice looking egg!

My Welsummer (March chick) started laying her lovely eggs in July. But they are fairly dark towards chocolate (darker than my Blue Copper Marans!) with fabulous speckles, but since I haven't provided lights, she is now in her winter pause.
I love that I can tell which egg was laid by which of my 8 different heritage or cross breed girls!

Last edited:
I am struck at how beautiful this egg is! I am guessing it's from our cuckoo Marans, as she started doing the squat about 3 days before our Blue Star. Gorgeous egg!! I was beyond excited when I found this in the corner of the coop (not in the nest box but that's okay for now, we just have two chickens)
That looks very much like what my Light Brahma, Lady lays. I love her spots! And my first pullet to lay also did it on the ground in the run, like it surprised her. Every one else laid their firsts in my nests that I had previously prepped & herbed when they started squatting. Perhaps witnessing Black Star Gemma's surprise clicked it for the rest? These are my first chicks, so I am also on a steep learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom