First egg! I am very excited.

Nov 30, 2021
I am struck at how beautiful this egg is! I am guessing it's from our cuckoo Marans, as she started doing the squat about 3 days before our Blue Star. Gorgeous egg!! I was beyond excited when I found this in the corner of the coop (not in the nest box but that's okay for now, we just have two chickens)

Attachments

• IMG_4581.JPG
    IMG_4581.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 20
Woohoo!! I got my first egg just a few weeks ago, and mine was from my Cuckoo Maran too. Mine didn’t look like yours. Hers was a light brown. The French black Maran laid her first 2 days ago and hers looks more like yours! I love the way yours looks!! I’m waiting for my Easter Eggers and Ameraucana’s to start laying! I can’t wait for the different colors.

Woohoo!! I got my first egg just a few weeks ago, and mine was from my Cuckoo Maran too. Mine didn’t look like yours. Hers was a light brown. The French black Maran laid her first 2 days ago and hers looks more like yours! I love the way yours looks!! I’m waiting for my Easter Eggers and Ameraucana’s to start laying! I can’t wait for the different colors.
it's so cool! Mine is a French feather footed cuckoo marans so hopefully that makes sense? she is very dark grey with beautiful barring, and looks very similar to my blue star (but bigger and fluffier and of course, her feathered feet)

it's so cool! Mine is a French feather footed cuckoo marans so hopefully that makes sense? she is very dark grey with beautiful barring, and looks very similar to my blue star (but bigger and fluffier and of course, her feathered feet)
Add the French in there makes since. Mine just happen to be clean legged. Though I would love more of the French Marans.

Back
Top Bottom