First egg is brown, not an EE'er??

Julia62

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
Reno, NV
Hi, we just got our first egg from Ginger this morning! We were expecting blue or green since we were told she was an EE'er. Maybe not? These pics are from June & July. She is bigger and her comb and wattle are bigger and red now. Legs are yellow. We got her at 12 weeks old from a guy who said she was an EE and he got a bunch of them at Tractor Supply.

That's looks like a golden comet to me. We have 4 and they lay brown eggs

She looks like a Gold/Red sex link actually. She's not a EE.

Oh, thanks for the replies! Yes, I looked those breeds up and she appears to be a Golden/Red Sex Link (also heard they can be called Golden Comet too). Regardless of what breed she is, she is a great chicken! She is our favorite as she has the most personality and is very friendly. We had the others (1 white leghorn and 2 SL Wyandottes) 2 weeks before getting her.

She is definitely a Red Sex Link pullet. Golden Comet is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links. Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. :eek:)

She is definitely a Red Sex Link pullet. Golden Comet is one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links. Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. :eek:)

Laying machine, that will work! I treat them very well for their daily giving!

Back
Top Bottom