First Egg... laid in the middle of the coop...

shadowmane

Songster
7 Years
Feb 20, 2012
China Grove, North Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
Okay, so granted, I just got the nest boxes set up this week. They've been hung for weeks, but I haven't had them set up for the pullets. Now, we had our first little pullet egg, and it was laid right in the middle of the door into the coop. Now my question is... will she figure out what the nest boxes are for, or am I doomed to have an egg in the middle of the doorway forever?

On a side note, this one is one week older than the other layers. Hopefully, they'll start laying next week.

Well you may have to teach them to nest by putting them in their nest boxes everynight!
smile.png

Okay. I just went out and put her in the nest box. She laid this first one in the evening. I don't know if she'll be laying all her eggs in the evening though. I really don't know how long this egg was in there, as I worked today and my wife took care of the chickens.

Well you might keep trying to get her used too her nest box by putting her in there every night and maybe put some fake eggs in the nest box to give her an idea of where there supposed to go!

Back
Top Bottom