First egg or just an abnormal from older hen.

[COLOR=47476D]Awww, isn't that cute! Tiny, yolkless eggs are sometimes known as witch eggs or fairy eggs. Occasionally a hen will lay a fairy egg when something has disturbed her reproductive cycle. Sometimes a hen will lay a fairy egg or two just as she comes into laying, before her reproductive system has gotten into gear. They are sometimes lighter or darker than her regular eggs because they may spend more or less time in the "egg painting" area of her system, the shell gland. It is normally nothing to be concerned about. It simply means she didn't release a yolk before her body started producing an egg to enclose it.[/COLOR][COLOR=47476D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=47476D]
[/COLOR][COLOR=47476D]Sometimes a hen may lay a small egg that still contains a yolk, too... even if she normally lays larger eggs. Again, this typically happens with a new layer as her body is getting into the rhythm of laying, but it can also happen with older birds if there has been a disturbance that upsets their usual cycle. It isn't anything to be concerned about unless drastic size changes happen regularly. Then you will want to consult a vet to make sure everything is okay. But do keep in mind that the eggs of a young pullet are often very small (regularly) for a few months, and gradually get bigger as she matures! [/COLOR]:jumpy  

plus it could also effect the colors of the egg to

Several of the Cinnamon Queens have half sized reddened combs. We have had a couple eggs this sized in the last 4 years but never at 16 weeks, though I'm still get surprise eggs 4 years on. Our eldest is a production red I think, she has been laying for nearly 4 years now and nearly everyday for those 4 years.

Thanks for the info!

Probably from a cinnamon queen at that age, high production hybrids...tho EE can lay brown too.

Noooooooooo!!!!!! But really thats ok if they lay brown, I get them because they are beautiful the egg color is a side note.

Back
Top Bottom