First egg questions ??????

humphrey farms

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 28, 2012
Naples Maine
idunno.gif
My 6mos BLRW laided her first egg yesterday. I have checked today but no egg. When would she most likely have another? Also she did great by using the coop but had her egg in a tight spot behind a hay pale. She had been checking out the nest boxes provided but chose her own spot. No problem. However, my question will she want to lay her next egg in the same secluded spot???? It was thrilling to find my first egg! And needless to say amd eagerly looking forward to the next. Thanks for any input.

Congrats on the first egg! She'll need to get into the egg laying routine now, but she'll probably lay another one within a few days. If she likes her spot where she laid the first one she'll most likely go back there. I had that happen with my hens. They had lovely nest boxes, but laid most of their eggs in the corners or the coop! Silly birds.

Congrats on the first egg! She'll need to get into the egg laying routine now, but she'll probably lay another one within a few days. If she likes her spot where she laid the first one she'll most likely go back there. I had that happen with my hens. They had lovely nest boxes, but laid most of their eggs in the corners or the coop! Silly birds.
Thank you. I will temper my impatience a little while longer. And I will continue to look in the dark recesses behind the hay bale.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom