First Egg Sale!

crtrlovr

Still chillin' with my peeps
Mar 13, 2008
East South Central (West KY)
Just had to brag... sold my first two dozen eggs today, to the insurance adjuster who came to check on our wind damage! I've given away lots of eggs to our pastor, our friends, family members, etc., but this was the first actual SALE. I don't know why that makes a difference...
hu.gif
He said he would take all I had, and I was kicking myself for cooking 18 yesterday and feeding them to my inside birds and my chickens!
he.gif
I had exactly 24, and when he asked how much I got for them I just picked a number I had seen in a BYC post a few weeks ago and said "$2.25 a dozen". He didn't even blink. He gave me $5 and when I said "let me get your change", he said, "no, no! I consider it a bargain". So, there's $5 toward the next bag of feed. Come on girls, get busy!
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

Hooray! That is absolutely wonderful!

I'm going to have to start selling some also. I was going to shoot for tomorrow and set a stand up with my kids at the top of our property. I guess I'll see how that goes.
smile.png

Last edited:
Congratulations on your first sale, to me it is a really good feeling to watch these dollars from egg money add up. Be careful though or you will have my problem, I can't keep up with the orders.
big_smile.png

Very Cool. Good Price Too.

I get 2.00 a dozen and am happy to announce that my girls are self supporting now. I went the other day and got 300 lb. of layer crumbles and a bail of straw and they had change.

I am so proud of them!!!

So.........Congrats.
thumbsup.gif

I wish I had people to buy eggs from me... I've got a few cartons of eggs sitting in the fridge, since the girls are laying faster than we can eat them!
Congrats on your first sale!

Back
Top Bottom