FIRST EGG! So excited, but has speckles? Advice?

EggSTOREYdinary

Songster
Nov 25, 2017
Omaha, Nebraska
First off all we all know how exciting finding the first egg is! I almost cried when I found it tucked away in a corner of my coop! My girl free range most of the day and so it was so exciting to finally find this wonderful little gift! My question is the only hens old enough to lay are 2 Plymouth rocks and 1 isa Brown . I know that neither of them normally lay speckles. Is this just an amazingly beautiful egg or is there something I need to do? Might sound silly just want to make sure everything okay with my girls! Beginner here! First egg! Thanks so so much for the input!
899D7F92-0E4B-4BDA-B695-CCD0B5AEBC03.jpeg
500B264D-C7DA-4384-A0A8-949CF57C383B.jpeg

Speckled eggs are totally normal! Especially for new layers. Some chickens will lay speckled eggs all their lives, I have an EE who lays pink eggs with white speckles. They freaked me out at first but after some research I discovered it’s totally fine. Just like what everyone else is saying!

THANKS!!! such awesome news guys! I was truly holding it and saying out loud “oh my god oh my god! Its here! You would have thought I found a million bucks ;) I kept “saying oh my gosh who did it?!” trying to snuggle them me all to death! couldn’t even pull myself together for 10 minutes!! hahaha!!! thanks for the input guys!!!

Back
Top Bottom