First egg stories!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PepsNick, Aug 27, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Who layed your first egg? Where did they lay it????? How did you find it??? Share your stories here!!!

2. tarheelmama7914

tarheelmama7914 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Claremont, NC
    well our hens we raised from chicks haven't layed yet and we've had them since mid April. the 2 yr old hens my uncle gave us laid three eggs the day after he brought them, then 3 the next day, then none for a week, now one a day and it usually is cracked and almost destroyed when I find it. Today I found our first egg from our duck we raised in their fenced in area while I was feeding them all.

3. Chicken_Hubster

Chicken_Hubster Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    Our girls just started laying this week, they are about 5 months old. So far we only have two that are laying. All the eggs have been on the smaller side so far. We have Buff orpingtons so they should get bigger. We have had one double yoker already! About 7 eggs total now. They lay mostly in the nest box, only found one that was randomly in the coop so far.

4. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Ugh, I am still waiting!! SOOO mad. But my BSL should start any day now!! :DDDDDD
    more stories?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by