1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by aimee, Jul 5, 2007.

1. aimee

aimee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    One of my babies laid her first egg today. I'm so excited and surprised. [​IMG]

She's one of my two bantam chickens and she's only 17 weeks old.

She was acting a little weird today and was hanging out in their coop instead of being in the run like usual. She seemed fine so I left her alone. Well, later this evening I opened the lid to let them out to free range like usual and there it was. It's a perfect little light mint green egg. This was our first time seeing a bantam egg and it was even small than we imagined.

I just kept telling how great she was. [​IMG]

2. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    Good little girl!
    We love our little banty eggs.

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Congrats on your first egg!!!! It is always so exciting. Mine have been laying since Nov. and everyday its like a surprise to see what you got.

4. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Sterling, Ohio
    VERY COOL & CONGRATS!!! [​IMG]

Forrest

5. greenacre

greenacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Ohhhh, it must be fun to get a present and it isn't even your birthday! Congrats!! I can't wait for our girls to grow up and make us proud.[​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

YAY! Aren't first eggs exciting??

7. aimee

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    It was so exciting. I just kept going on about it and looking at the egg. I ended up taking some pictures, DH just rolled his eyes but I don't care. The color didn't come out as well as I hoped but I did get a feel for the size.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Congrats! Must be in the air ! I f I remember right our chickies are about the same age. And ours laid their first on the fourth of July! I posted pics too. And yes my DH thought I was being silly. But me and the kiddies are excited! [​IMG]

9. TreyClark281

TreyClark281 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2007
    around Katy, Tx
    mine just shot out its first egg today. i was about to got check there watereererererrrrr and i saw tha big mamma was sittin in the nest so im like ok.... ill check in 10 mins so i set my alarm for 10 mins (lol) and i went out there and BANG! an egg!!! i came running (carefully) inside telling my dad i got my first egg!!!! YAY im so excited!!!

10. aimee

Feb 27, 2007
    Lake WaConDa, NE
    It must have been the fireworks that started them all laying. [​IMG]

I got another egg from her yesterday evening, this one was a tiny bit bigger and a little more blueish. Now I can't wait until tonight to see if there's another one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by