First egg

chickenman12510

In the Brooder
May 12, 2016
. Are first egg

Yesterday, I went to my coop and found 2 beautiful brown eggs in the nest boxes, their first ones! They were small, but I heard that's what happens to the first ones. Then in the afternoon, I went out and found 2 more on the ground by the corner of the run. I was so excited. I bought these from tractor supply on the first of April, so they are just 18 weeks old. They are golden comets sex links. Beautiful birds. Last night we had a horrible lightning storm, heavy rains. The chickens refuse to go into the coop. They sat under it. I worried about them all night. When I went out first thing this morning, their food was flooded, they were all under the coop and scared to death, but happy to see me. I gave them some dry fresh food and they went right to it, but clucking all the time. Then I found another egg in the nest box! So five eggs per six chicks in two days!

Yesterday, I went to my coop and found 2 beautiful brown eggs in the nest boxes, their first ones! They were small, but I heard that's what happens to the first ones. Then in the afternoon, I went out and found 2 more on the ground by the corner of the run. I was so excited. I bought these from tractor supply on the first of April, so they are just 18 weeks old. They are golden comets sex links. Beautiful birds. Last night we had a horrible lightning storm, heavy rains. The chickens refuse to go into the coop. They sat under it. I worried about them all night. When I went out first thing this morning, their food was flooded, they were all under the coop and scared to death, but happy to see me. I gave them some dry fresh food and they went right to it, but clucking all the time. Then I found another egg in the nest box! So five eggs per six chicks in two days!

Sex-links are such great layers. I had 2 ISA Browns and both layer an egg by 18 weeks old. And they are one of the quicker birds to lay a good sized eggs, my australorps and barred rocks took forever to lay a medium egg, my ISA's had already started laying a LARGE egg by 20 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom