First egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenman12510, Aug 6, 2016.

1. chickenman12510

chickenman12510 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2016
    [​IMG]. Are first egg

2. Braxton Brigade

Braxton Brigade Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    [​IMG] So exciting! What breed layed it?

3. chickenman12510

May 12, 2016
    Not sure I'm new to the chicken game got 6 from tractor supply they r red in color

4. Braxton Brigade

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    Perhaps post a picture, I am sure to give it a good guess. Maybe we can figure what kind you have, who knows it could be something amazingly cool.

5. annabelle08

annabelle08 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    Yesterday, I went to my coop and found 2 beautiful brown eggs in the nest boxes, their first ones! They were small, but I heard that's what happens to the first ones. Then in the afternoon, I went out and found 2 more on the ground by the corner of the run. I was so excited. I bought these from tractor supply on the first of April, so they are just 18 weeks old. They are golden comets sex links. Beautiful birds. Last night we had a horrible lightning storm, heavy rains. The chickens refuse to go into the coop. They sat under it. I worried about them all night. When I went out first thing this morning, their food was flooded, they were all under the coop and scared to death, but happy to see me. I gave them some dry fresh food and they went right to it, but clucking all the time. Then I found another egg in the nest box! So five eggs per six chicks in two days!

6. Braxton Brigade

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    Sex-links are such great layers. I had 2 ISA Browns and both layer an egg by 18 weeks old. And they are one of the quicker birds to lay a good sized eggs, my australorps and barred rocks took forever to lay a medium egg, my ISA's had already started laying a LARGE egg by 20 weeks old.

7. chickenman12510

May 12, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] the red ones came from tractor supply and I gave 3 silkies and 3 others 2 black n white

8. Braxton Brigade

Sep 2, 2015
    Braxton, Ms
    You have 2 golden comets and 2 easter eggers. You should get some green or blue eggs from the EE's soon. The solid black one looks like a australorp, unless she isn't solid black lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by