first egg!

Well I'm happy to report that the wait is over!!! We got our first egg Saturday afternoon. All the farms within a 10 miles radius heard us screaming in excitement. Maybe all my complaining about no eggs worked because she laid one a few hours later and has laid one everyday since. Three eggs, I feel like the richest person in the world. Hang in there to those who are still waiting. Thank you to BYC for having a place to share such news.

Well I'm happy to report that the wait is over!!! We got our first egg Saturday afternoon. All the farms within a 10 miles radius heard us screaming in excitement. Maybe all my complaining about no eggs worked because she laid one a few hours later and has laid one everyday since. Three eggs, I feel like the richest person in the world. Hang in there to those who are still waiting. Thank you to BYC for having a place to share such news.

Congratulations!

We got our first egg too! We are so excited and have been waiting since 4/20/16. Our chicks (11 of them) arrived on 4/20, we lost 4 of them to our chick killer Lab, that was our fault, not his, he is a bird dog. Replaced the 4 we lost with 4 red sex links from the feed store, they have been accepted to the flock and all the girls are thriving! Not sure who laid this egg but it seems my RIR or PR could have been responsible for this gift. We are all so excited and can't wait to check the nests when I get home

When my Red Rangers first started laying, I'd get an egg from them every day and a half (about 36 hours). After a couple of weeks they are laying eggs daily :) My Ayam Cemanis have laid in very weird patterns. I never know when I'm getting an egg from one of them LOL but it's like a surprise! When my bantam cochin finally laid...she's popping one out every day - tiny but consistent. My Polish hen has yet to lay...par for the course so I read.

Congratulations!!!

Back
Top Bottom