First egg!!

BornToQuack

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
Portland, Oregon
Well, it finally happened; at 25 weeks old, one of our female Indian Runner Ducks laid her first egg!! We're new duck parents, so this first egg was a huge thrill to find. :celebrate

I can't wait until her sisters start laying as well. It'll be interesting to see if they all lay such pretty teal eggs.
20181204_145905.jpg

Thanks everyone!

@Jpat I'm super torn about what to do with this egg. Part of me wants to preserve it and put it in a display case. :lau But my husband really wants to crack it open for breakfast tomorrow.

You could blow out the contents to cook, rinse out the interior and then save the shell that way. A friend of mine made Christmas ornaments out of her first eggs.
creative-crafting-with-eggshells.72421

Thanks everyone!

@Jpat I'm super torn about what to do with this egg. Part of me wants to preserve it and put it in a display case. :lau But my husband really wants to crack it open for breakfast tomorrow.
Well as kids we use to use a sharp pointy thing to poke a hole in the top and bottom and blow air threw to get the egg out without destroying the shell. for easter i guess

ide do that! i wanna save my first if it ever happens

Back
Top Bottom