First Egg!

2nd egg! Still teeny, but cleaner than the first - was laid in one of the nesting boxes this time. :wee

Attachments

• chickens.7.jpg
    chickens.7.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2
Even if they are dirty, they are protected by the bloom.I just leave them on counter and wash right before eating. I get dirty, poopy eggs often bc they don’t lay a lot in nesting boxes. I wouldn’t wash unless you intended to eat them , they are safe even when unwashed eggs are dirty because the bloom protects from bacteria entering the egg😀 enjoy.

Even if they are dirty, they are protected by the bloom.I just leave them on counter and wash right before eating. I get dirty, poopy eggs often bc they don’t lay a lot in nesting boxes. I wouldn’t wash unless you intended to eat them , they are safe even when unwashed eggs are dirty because the bloom protects from bacteria entering the egg😀 enjoy.
Congratulations! :wee
Thank you! Once they lay in the nest box are they likely to lay there every time, or not necessarily?

Congratulations always exciting! She may not lay every day it depends also gotta bear in mind we getting to colder weather i know rinse mine with water then pat dry with kitchen roll xx
Thank you! We'll let nature take its course - not too worried about not getting eggs during winter - just excited about our first few now. I'm hoping they'll all get the message, and start laying in the nest boxes - (fingers crossed)

Back
Top Bottom