First Egg

HenHouseV

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
One of my chickens laid their first egg. Not in the laying boxes, but in the run, and I noticed it to late..I found it broken and half eaten. What do I do???? Help!!!!

Attachments

• AC404CBA-26B6-487F-A600-0A448716F95C.jpeg
    AC404CBA-26B6-487F-A600-0A448716F95C.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 8
Don't panic. Are they on layer feed ? If not do they have access to oyster shell ? It takes a while to get the egg laying process down pat. Things will even out.

Do you have fake eggs in the nest boxes? That may help guide them to the right place! My pullets have been laying for 2 months, I found one in the run and keep finding at least one on the coop floor each day. They will get the hang of it! It’s very new and sometimes they don’t have time to get where they are going before it happens.

Yes, I switched to layer feed about a a week or two ago, and I bought a small bag of oyster shell just haven’t used it yet.

Do you have fake eggs in the nest boxes? That may help guide them to the right place! My pullets have been laying for 2 months, I found one in the run and keep finding at least one on the coop floor each day. They will get the hang of it! It’s very new and sometimes they don’t have time to get where they are going before it happens.
Yes, I have ceramic eggs in the nesting boxes. They move them around.

Back
Top Bottom