First Egg!!

Wnunezcruz

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Tennessee
I have been waiting for so long! Finally, i went outside yesterday to check on my silkies and saw a first egg from either my blue/splash/white pullets. This is the first year i have actually raised chickens from chicks and saw them lay their own eggs. I used to buy older hens. Then today i went to my other silkie pen and one of my mixed broodies layed her first egg. Im so excited. Now i have to find a way to see which pullet exactly is laying the eggs. Can anyone give me some ideas on how i would find that out? Thanks for any input.

Heres one of the eggs, unfortunatly the other was cracked im guesing it froze.

104972_silkies.jpg

nice egg!!!!!!!.......you could sit and watch the coop to see who goes in there!!!!!!...........
smile.png

or you could get a chicken cam!!!!....i have a chicken that lays a jumbo egg!!...i have yet to find out which one it is!...maybe in the spring i will pull up a seat!

I am glad not to be the only proud parent of a first egg! I have a cam in our coop that feeds a picture and sound into my kitchen. I was so excited when my first egg was laid yesterday. I saw my hen go into the nest and heard her song! Wow, so exciting!!!
I see why everyone is so obsessed with chickens. This is so much fun. I have different colored bands on my 4 hens to tell them apart. I know that it was Polly who laid the first egg. As a matter of fact, she is back on the nest right now. I'm hoping to hear
her egg song!
Congrats to all the first eggs!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom