first egg!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by riverhomela, Sep 25, 2008.

1. riverhomela

riverhomela Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2008
    Mississippi
    good morning. My chickens laid their first egg yesterday. I feel like a kid at Christmas! Great feeling. I love it, love my hen, and the old Mister!
    Does everyone get this excited? lol
    riverhomela

2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!

I think everyone gets excited, I did! First birds, first egg, and it gets better as they settle in a make more for you...[​IMG]

3. riverhomela

Sep 20, 2008
    Mississippi
    thanks. We have Rhode Island Reds, a white Leghorn, and a black sex link. I don't know which one laid the egg as I was at work when my husband called to tell me. I really enjoy my chickens. Spend alot of time in the coop with them, cleaning, changing out water and hay in their nests. I like to rake up old hay, scraps and keep their pen as clean as possible. Reckon sooner or later my husband will put my bed out their with them! lol

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yahoooo! throw the gold, girls!

5. riverhomela

Sep 20, 2008
    Mississippi
    [​IMG]

wonder what I may find in my chicken nests today when I get in from work.

I work in a school cafeteria (manager) have 1 dog, 1 amish work horse, 8 hens, 1 rooster, 1 pullet, and one calf. Who needs a job?

riverhomela

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I know exactly how you feel - this week my EE laid her first egg and it was green!!! I ran around the yard with it in my hand hollering like a 5 year old.

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I was beyond thrilled with my first egg! I am still thrilled with my eggs everyday!

8. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    :)For me, it's as exciting each day as the very first egg was! Congrats! Make sure to post a picture of it in the sticky at the top of this section if you haven't already!

9. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats on your first egg. I think most of us act like kids with our first eggs. You are in good company. LOL.

10. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    congrats on your first egg [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by