first egg!!!!!!!!

riverhomela

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 20, 2008
Mississippi
good morning. My chickens laid their first egg yesterday. I feel like a kid at Christmas! Great feeling. I love it, love my hen, and the old Mister!
Does everyone get this excited? lol
riverhomela

Congratulations!

I think everyone gets excited, I did! First birds, first egg, and it gets better as they settle in a make more for you...
cool.png

thanks. We have Rhode Island Reds, a white Leghorn, and a black sex link. I don't know which one laid the egg as I was at work when my husband called to tell me. I really enjoy my chickens. Spend alot of time in the coop with them, cleaning, changing out water and hay in their nests. I like to rake up old hay, scraps and keep their pen as clean as possible. Reckon sooner or later my husband will put my bed out their with them! lol

roll.png

wonder what I may find in my chicken nests today when I get in from work.

I work in a school cafeteria (manager) have 1 dog, 1 amish work horse, 8 hens, 1 rooster, 1 pullet, and one calf. Who needs a job?

riverhomela

:)For me, it's as exciting each day as the very first egg was! Congrats! Make sure to post a picture of it in the sticky at the top of this section if you haven't already!

Back
Top Bottom