1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by henney, Oct 26, 2008.

1. henney

henney Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Reno Nevada
    Hi, I'm so proud of my RHR, she turned 20wks old this week and she laid her first little egg this afternoon. She announced it with a loud Bok Bok and I went running to the hen house. She was standing at the door. I told her what a good girl! Do hens always announce when they lay a egg? She was screaming at the top of her lungs!

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first egg [​IMG]

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations!! Isn't it fun? [​IMG]

Yup almost every hen celebrates LOUDLY when they lay. Often the other hens will join in too, it's crazy noisy in the mornings when you have a lot of hens all ba goking.

When my little phoenix pullet Roy laid her first egg she started celebrating the day before, by the time she finally laid she had lost her voice entirely, she was making the motions of ba goking but no sound was coming out it was so funny!

4. new chicken mommy

new chicken mommy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2008
    athens vt
    [​IMG] congrats!! I got my first egg yesterday! good weekend isnt it.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations. Some of mine get noisy and some don't. Some stand on the roost and scream at whoever is in the box they want. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by