First Eggs from Black Australorp

smfarman

Crowing
Jun 16, 2016
North of Tampa, FL
My Black Australorp 23 weeks and 4 days old laid their first eggs, Buff Orpington 24 weeks and 4 days are now laying eggs.
The Australorps, each has laid 2 eggs this week and the buff orpington has laid 9 eggs now in 2 weeks.

2 Top on left and 1 top right are from the Buff Orpington
the 2 bottom left from 1 Black Australorp, the 2 - 1 center right and 1- bottom right from my other Black Australorp.For a total of
7 eggs this week, I have been so excited.

yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for posting this!!!
I have been looking for pictures of Black Australorp eggs and this was very helpful. We have 6 different breed and our BA is the only one that hasn't laid an egg yet and she is 23 weeks today! I am hoping this week we get something from her. She is a very sweet chicken! :D I don't have to worry yet
wee.gif

Belated Congratulations! One of my 24 week old Australorps also just laid her first egg. Amazingly her sister looks like she's 2 months behind in development. Hormones do funny things....

20170925_164928.jpg
The brown one is the real egg, the white one is a fake, just for comparison.

20170925_165310.jpg

Nina, on the right, is the one. Trixie on the left is the same age, but obviously far from laying age.

For the ones that browse these 1st egg threads and are getting impatient.....
Trixie is now almost 8 months old and is finally developing her comb and showing signs of getting ready for her 1st egg. Her sister Nina is laying for months and she's the same age.

Belated Congratulations! One of my 24 week old Australorps also just laid her first egg. Amazingly her sister looks like she's 2 months behind in development. Hormones do funny things....

View attachment 1145540 The brown one is the real egg, the white one is a fake, just for comparison.

View attachment 1145539
Nina, on the right, is the one. Trixie on the left is the same age, but obviously far from laying age.

Back
Top Bottom