First Eggs from Black Australorp

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by smfarman, Jul 29, 2016.

1. smfarman

smfarman Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2016
    North of Tampa, FL
    My Black Australorp 23 weeks and 4 days old laid their first eggs, Buff Orpington 24 weeks and 4 days are now laying eggs.
    The Australorps, each has laid 2 eggs this week and the buff orpington has laid 9 eggs now in 2 weeks.
    [​IMG]

2 Top on left and 1 top right are from the Buff Orpington
    the 2 bottom left from 1 Black Australorp, the 2 - 1 center right and 1- bottom right from my other Black Australorp.For a total of
    7 eggs this week, I have been so excited.

2 people like this.
  2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    [​IMG]

3. gfvirga

gfvirga Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2016
    Hamburg, NY
    My Coop
    Thanks for posting this!!!
    I have been looking for pictures of Black Australorp eggs and this was very helpful. We have 6 different breed and our BA is the only one that hasn't laid an egg yet and she is 23 weeks today! I am hoping this week we get something from her. She is a very sweet chicken! :D I don't have to worry yet [​IMG]

4. MacPara

MacPara Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2017
    Belated Congratulations! One of my 24 week old Australorps also just laid her first egg. Amazingly her sister looks like she's 2 months behind in development. Hormones do funny things....

20170925_164928.jpg The brown one is the real egg, the white one is a fake, just for comparison.

20170925_165310.jpg
    Nina, on the right, is the one. Trixie on the left is the same age, but obviously far from laying age.

5. MacPara

MacPara Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2017
    For the ones that browse these 1st egg threads and are getting impatient.....
    Trixie is now almost 8 months old and is finally developing her comb and showing signs of getting ready for her 1st egg. Her sister Nina is laying for months and she's the same age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by