First eggs! Yay!

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Let the flocks out this morning to find 2 fresh duck eggs! Wahoo! Been checking dozens of times throughout the day for the last couple weeks assuming it would be soon as they are 4-5 months. Of my 3 girls, I assume the Rouen (Quackers) and my KC (Mocha) as my runner gal (Digger) is almost a month their junior. Kinda neat they started on the same day lol. Just sharing my happy news!:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 8
Always such a treat to find those first eggs. Enjoy!! I leave mine just like I find them in a basket on the counter. when ready to use I scrub them good under warm water. keep the shell give them back to the girls.
I've been doing the same with the chicken shells. I grind them in the food processor first. The 2nd day I gave some to the ducks they plopped out eggs lol.

Awwwh congrats! I’m still waiting for 2 eggs to plop out...
And mine are 6 and 7 months old! Agh!
What breed you have? I thought I would have to wait til 6 mos or more also but I was lucky lol. They share thr coop with the chickens. It is divided so they see but don't mix. Ditto with the run. And they were all brooded and raised together til they were about 3 months. I wonder if any of that can affect their kinda early plopping lmao. My chickens (3 of them of the 5 now laying) started at 4 months. So they were a little early too

What breed you have? I thought I would have to wait til 6 mos or more also but I was lucky lol. They share thr coop with the chickens. It is divided so they see but don't mix. Ditto with the run. And they were all brooded and raised together til they were about 3 months. I wonder if any of that can affect their kinda early plopping lmao. My chickens (3 of them of the 5 now laying) started at 4 months. So they were a little early too

What kind of chickens do you have? A known early layer, or did you just get lucky?

What kind of chickens do you have? A known early layer, or did you just get lucky?
Both? Lol! Back to back it turns out my BSL (or rather Black Asian it seems) was first and next day was one RIR. Now 3 RIRs, the black, and one brahma are laying. Waiting on the other RIR and the other brahma. And 2 banties. So mostly earlier starters...and all productions.

Back
Top Bottom