1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First eggs!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by atravers, Dec 3, 2015.

1. atravers

atravers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2015
    On December 1st, my girls Heads (Plymouth Rock) and Toes (Light Brahma) laid their first eggs! The older hens have stopped laying eggs so when I heard the unmistakable noise coming from the coop, I knew it could only be one thing! It's the little moments in life that make me so happy.

.[​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Congrats on your first eggs![​IMG]It is so much fun to get the first eggs from your new birds :)! I have to say that I love there names![​IMG]

3. atravers

Apr 18, 2015
    Thank you! The kids named four of them Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. There's also Hazel, Bertha and Eloise. I just came in from the coop to watch my Bertha lay her first egg too! After she left the nest, we had a quick photo op

[​IMG]

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    To cute!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

You are so right! I always love collecting eggs, no matter how long I've been doing it! Have fun!!

6. atravers

Apr 18, 2015
    I love your signature. I'm a step-mom to 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 Sulcata tortoise and 9 chickens. Not to mention the bird, turkey's and deer I feed. I know the depths that my husband loves me because he put up with all my babies. P.S. He secretly loves the chickens as much as me!

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations on the first (of many) eggs! Great names your kids picked out for the girls. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by