First eggs..

Thank YOU for the ridicule so that I may hesitate to ask any more questions.

Look my first post was meant to make you think and maybe be a little funny.

I tried to help when you started this thread...

but then you lit into me for pointing out something that you could have proof read and saved us all some trouble was purely ridiculous.

Just like lavlady said, don't hesitate to ask questions but come on, THAT was no question.

If I embarrassed you with my first post I'm truly sorry, but If I embarrassed you with posts after you assailed me, it was well deserved.

That said, if you have a question in the future I will earnestly try to help you, Your participation is welcome.

You argued that your theory of domestic birds dropping their eggs in nature could happen "in another country" and that was quite preposterous. However, a wise man once said:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will beat you with experience."

I'm off to bed, and I will let you have the last word if it makes you feel better.

You know Q.J. Japan is a volcanic nation, so maybe the ground in some areas do stay perfect to hatch an egg.
But on the other hand, it would be like the goldilocks zone for planets and extremely rare, so most likely they'd have went extinct long ago.
Lol, sorry had to type it.
1f60a.png

I'm sure thats it...

Actually I have less problem thinking a "perfect conditions hatch" could take place, than the folly of the offspring survival completely on their own...

Now maybe if we drop them at fukishima....Dinosaurs will hatch. The feared and mighty quailasaurus rex or the pterodacquail.

Japanese quail incubate their chicks in the wild, that's all there is to that discussion. Japanese quail are mostly found in Russian and China today. I believe they are extinct on the ground in japan since I've never seen any population data on their numbers there.

Read the links I left on the previous page, they cover all of this.

This link has a video of a zoo kept wild coturnix brooding eggs.

Probably is. Male buttons quail will share incubating duty, so I don't see why wild male coturnix wouldn't. I wish I could find more information on the behavior differences, between wild and domestic cots. I was interested to learn that even their vocalizations are different, and that our domestics are much more aggressive than wild birds. All I've found is this article and it's quite brief.

Probably is. Male buttons quail will share incubating duty, so I don't see why wild male coturnix wouldn't. I wish I could find more information on the behavior differences, between wild and domestic cots. I was interested to learn that even their vocalizations are different, and that our domestics are much more aggressive than wild birds. All I've found is this article and it's quite brief.

I've read that male coturnix don't incubate eggs, but maybe that's just domestics. Heck, our domestic hens barely set. The call of the males is also very different, more pleasant than our domestic birds. The wild cots are so different. Interesting article, I would love to read the expanded study.

I find a lot of those articles that are summaries of what appears to be a decent study, but its a zillion dollars to join or some are only available to students of that university, which ticks me off.

This article mentions that males help out with brooding and raising (only thing I've seen to suggest it), but it was written by some bleeding hearts so you have to take it with a grain...

http://www.upc-online.org/quails/21606japanese.html

Back
Top Bottom