FIRST EVER DUCK EGG!

blondiebee181

Songster
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
Boise, ID
One of my dear little Runners laid her first egg this morning!!! Mommy is just so thrilled!!!

The duck egg is the one in the center, the others are chicken eggs. It's not big, I thought it would be a little bigger but that's a question I have. Are young duck first eggs like chicken pullet eggs? Where they start smaller and then grow a little larger? Or are Runner eggs just smaller in general? Also, this one is sort of a mottled brownish-green...what color do Runners lay? I have a Black and a Fawn and White...will the color tell me whos it is? All my chickens lay different colors so theirs are easy, lol.

they will get bigger as the more them have. i have got some that don't even fit in the egg carton, as far as color all my ducks lay the same color other than my cayuga duck, other than my runners seem to be longer and pekins seem to be fatter lol not sure hope that helps lol

clap.gif

Okee, well I never am out when they lay 'em so I won't know for sure I guess! But they are such good girls, whoever it was she has laid 2 eggs now ( I got another this morning) and both were in the duckhouse in the straw. I was worried that she might find a good spot in the yard (or pool) to lay it, but she's a good duck. I think It's Ivy, because her behavior is right. She is squatting the most, and quacking more than ever
love.gif
I'm wierd, I think their quacking is very precious and endearing in a way, even though it's noisy.

Back
Top Bottom