First Harvest................

jackson41

Songster
9 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Wisconsin
Culled the first males from my first hatch. Man that was not easy! I just kept telling myself the GIRLS need a break! No more crowing today just one Happy Roo left. Boy did they taste good in a morel mushroom white wine sauce! Mushroom hunting was not good this year because of the late spring so these were extra special.

You wouldn't mind making me two servings and sending it to me?????
fl.gif
I'll cover most of the shipping:thumbsup

Quote:
Good for you Kate. It is never easy, but it does get "not as hard" to send them to camp. And the eat'in part is always good! Bill

Quote:
Well, to be fair, and old leather boot would taste good cooked in morel mushroom white wine sauce.
tongue.png

Quote:
hmm that sounds good... you wouldn't mind giving me the recipe would you please??

It's not really a recipe just something I always cook grouse in.
Flour the quail and brown in olive oil and butter, saute 1 garlic clove and the mushrooms with quail and add enough white wine to come up about 1/2 way on the birds. Add chopped fresh rosemary about 1 teaspoon. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. You can add about 1/4 cup of whipping cream at the end and salt & pepper to taste. This is good served on toasted french bread. If you don't have morels I have used crimini or button mushrooms give a good result.
I hope you like it.

Back
Top Bottom