First Hatch and I am freaking out!

Emmcee

Hatching
Apr 23, 2016
So, I am on day 22 about 14 hours in. I have 2 healthy chicks (Cream Legbars) hatched and energetic. I have a Welsummer that piped BEFORE those 2 hatched and its not moving at all anymore. I can't tell if its peeping because the other two are so loud. The other 3 eggs do not yet have external pips that I can see. It was really trying HARD to zip, and I thought for a while it was just resting. But. I have not seen any movement since last night! When should you help? Would I be putting my other 3 eggs in jeopardy?

Thanks,
Melissa

So, I am on day 22 about 14 hours in. I have 2 healthy chicks (Cream Legbars) hatched and energetic. I have a Welsummer that piped BEFORE those 2 hatched and its not moving at all anymore. I can't tell if its peeping because the other two are so loud. The other 3 eggs do not yet have external pips that I can see. It was really trying HARD to zip, and I thought for a while it was just resting. But. I have not seen any movement since last night! When should you help? Would I be putting my other 3 eggs in jeopardy? 

Thanks,
Melissa

I would pull it out and check on the pip. Make sure it's still alive. You will not hurt the other eggs, especially since they are not externally pipped yet.

Back
Top Bottom