First hatch Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced I set 31 eggs. LOTS PHOTOS/VIDEOS!! Ill keep this thread upd

Keep in mind that for the two you added you will have to count their 21 days starting when you put them in. So you will have a 'staggered' hatch a week apart. I would hate to just let them go to waste though too after shipping them.

Keep in mind that for the two you added you will have to count their 21 days starting when you put them in. So you will have a 'staggered' hatch a week apart. I would hate to just let them go to waste though too after shipping them.

Yeah I figured maybe I can get a broody hen in the meantime. I just wanted to give them a chance to develop and see what happens. :)

Glad to hear some of the eggs look to be developing. I don't worry about movement, as long as I see veining that looks at the right stage, at this age especially, movement can be a lot harder to see than the veins. Good luck with the hatch.

Glad to hear some of the eggs look to be developing. I don't worry about movement, as long as I see veining that looks at the right stage, at this age especially, movement can be a lot harder to see than the veins. Good luck with the hatch.

Thank you SO much! It was quite amazing to see movement on 14 eggs, so cool!!! I will be sure to keep this thread updated!

Cool! I can't wait for your updates!....and eventual photos of your chicks!!!!
caf.gif

I really get that - totally the miracle of development, isn't it? From egg...veins...movement...then chick!!! Then hen..then egg! The circle of life! It's part of why I think its so cool for kids to be involved in the process - they need to understand that biology and where their food comes from....

I think an incubator will be next on my list of purchases!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom