First hatch, due on March 30th!

Munkeesmama

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
California
I'm so excited. I'm uncubating with a King Suro 20. Temperature is rock solid at 99.5 (never wavering more than .1 degree either way). And humidity goes between 43% and 46%. I think I will up to 60% for hatch. What do you think? I'm kinda going for between a dry incubation and not. I have 6 favorelles, 6 bantam blue cochins, 6 ameracauna (true, not easter eggers), and 7 Blue splash Maran eggs. I barely fit them all in there, but I'm sure will be tossing some once we candle. We're on day 2. I can't wait to see our chickies!

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
we're gonna be incubating around the same time! my eggs are gonna be here today....so after i let them settle for quite a few hours, i'll put them in the bator.....either tonight or tomorrow morning. i've got 8 showgirl/silkie eggs. i'm going to be kinda trying the dry incubating as well. i set up the bator lastnight and after it was going for a couple hours i went and checked on it and the humidity was 10%!!! so i stuck a bit of water in there and now it's at 33%. mine will be due march 31st.
ya.gif
and i'm gonna have my humidity aroun 65% when lockdown starts. good luck!!!

Last edited:

Munkeesmama

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
California
Out of 27 eggs (i originally miscounted), only 6 are not showing clear development. Not bad for a first incubation with shipped eggs. Although, I know I can still have some quitters, but I'm so excited.

Sweetfolly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Kildare, Wisconsin
My duck eggs are on Day 18 now and looking great! If they were chicks, I'd be going into lock-down tonight! But, I have 1 week to go yet until lock-down, and I have another incubator up and running with Bantam Cochin eggs set to hatch exactly one week later, on April 6th!
smile.png

Chic Chick

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
East Central Alberta
I'm also hatching on the 29/30. Out of the 69 that I set I have 59 growing after candling. There's red and blue silkies, cuckoo marans, ameraucanas and some olive eggers in there.
I also just put 8 blue silkie eggs under my broody silkie again after she had a 6 week break from brooding.

chkinut

Songster
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
my showgirl eggs are doing great! only one egg doesn't look good. no movement.....a lot clearer than the others. i nearly broke it opened today, but i just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. i put it back in the bator and i will give it a couple more days. my other eggs look so cute! tiny little feet are easily seen! day 12 today!

Last edited:

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom