First hatch, due on March 30th!

Munkeesmama

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
California
I'm so excited. I'm uncubating with a King Suro 20. Temperature is rock solid at 99.5 (never wavering more than .1 degree either way). And humidity goes between 43% and 46%. I think I will up to 60% for hatch. What do you think? I'm kinda going for between a dry incubation and not. I have 6 favorelles, 6 bantam blue cochins, 6 ameracauna (true, not easter eggers), and 7 Blue splash Maran eggs. I barely fit them all in there, but I'm sure will be tossing some once we candle. We're on day 2. I can't wait to see our chickies!

we're gonna be incubating around the same time! my eggs are gonna be here today....so after i let them settle for quite a few hours, i'll put them in the bator.....either tonight or tomorrow morning. i've got 8 showgirl/silkie eggs. i'm going to be kinda trying the dry incubating as well. i set up the bator lastnight and after it was going for a couple hours i went and checked on it and the humidity was 10%!!! so i stuck a bit of water in there and now it's at 33%. mine will be due march 31st.
ya.gif
and i'm gonna have my humidity aroun 65% when lockdown starts. good luck!!!

Last edited:
Out of 27 eggs (i originally miscounted), only 6 are not showing clear development. Not bad for a first incubation with shipped eggs. Although, I know I can still have some quitters, but I'm so excited.

My duck eggs are on Day 18 now and looking great! If they were chicks, I'd be going into lock-down tonight! But, I have 1 week to go yet until lock-down, and I have another incubator up and running with Bantam Cochin eggs set to hatch exactly one week later, on April 6th!
smile.png

I'm also hatching on the 29/30. Out of the 69 that I set I have 59 growing after candling. There's red and blue silkies, cuckoo marans, ameraucanas and some olive eggers in there.
I also just put 8 blue silkie eggs under my broody silkie again after she had a 6 week break from brooding.

my showgirl eggs are doing great! only one egg doesn't look good. no movement.....a lot clearer than the others. i nearly broke it opened today, but i just couldn't bring myself to do it yet. i put it back in the bator and i will give it a couple more days. my other eggs look so cute! tiny little feet are easily seen! day 12 today!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom