first hatch - new bator-

does your bator have a fan? with fan 99.5 is the temp needed. without a fan 101.5 is the temp needed. mine has no fan. temp 101.5 and put water in the two bottom trays, add a little water every 6 or 7 days, oh and these bators take several hrs to stabilize the temp. one complete turn on the thermostat is 1 degree in temp. around day 14 on, you will notice the temp rising, you will end up turning it down a full turn a little at a time until hatch thats the chicks growing and giving off heat of there own. i hope i havent confused you in any way. i have both cabinet and styrafoam bators and both work great with a little practice and most of all good quality eggs. 50% hatch on shipped eggs is the norm any more than that is super. good luck:jumpy

Morning All, again thanks for all of the tips and hints. This bator ROCKS! very little tweaking needed. It has no fan (for those who asked) and is holding nicely at 100.9 - 101.2

So the RiR's look great, sat overnight in shredded paper. The Silky arrived, I bought 10, she shipped 16, and 3 were dented/crushed on one end so I tossed them. I have 13 Silky to set and 18 RIR. Going to be a fun month ahead.

I will be gone days 13,14, & 15 but have someone to monitor the bator for me while I am away. I get back early on day 16 to ride out the rest of the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom