First hatch of the year! UPDATED 3/14 - 20 of 28 hatched PICS!

lilbreeches

Songster
10 Years
Feb 13, 2009
Delight, AR
well getting ready for out first hatch of the year. day 21 is Friday. just moved them over to the hatcher bator (homemade) early this morning. all looked pretty solid but maybe a little behind. so i am thinking my temps dropping for a couple of days (while I struggled to bring them up) may have thrown them a little behind. we will see. have a mixed batch. these eggs were bought off of ebay and majority of them arrived safe and are now going to hatch. I hope
fl.gif
. the kids are so excited.

22891_uni_7403.jpg

Last edited:
ok so question. day 20 today. have temp perfect and humidity is hanging around 65%-68% is it ok and normal for some condensation to be on the window?

ok so no answers for me.
tongue.png
that's ok. guess it is ok as i have 4 pips this morning. can't wait to see what they all are. will post pics when they hatch.
wink.png

a little condensation is ok yes, if the window fogs over completely open up your vent holes, you might need to open up the holes as more chicks hatch as it gets very humid from their wet fluff n stuff

here is the first 'pipper' although it isn't the one that hatched. the hatcher was a cochin bantam and it pipped and zipped and out it came.
celebrate.gif
the pipper here is still bein lazy. if you look in the little hole, you can see it's beak.

22891_uni_7414.jpg

Ok the little chick in the pic above had pipped last night around 10 pm. by this morning, it had pecked out the hole you see in the pic. while it is still moving and chirping, i am concerned that it has made no further progress all day. i don't know if it has dried out too much and is stuck or what (humidity is 70%-75%, temp is 100*). any ideas about what i should do?

*****edited to add: nevermind, it hatched. just lazy i guess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom