First hatch officially locked down!

startingaflock

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 3, 2009
Last evening I officially went into lock down with my first hatch. I started out with 25 eggs (9 partridge chanteclers, 7 chantecler x dominiques, and 9 chantecler x white ameraucaunas) and I locked down with 2 chanteclers, 5 dominiques and all of the ameraucaunas because I can't see in them although I think at least half of them are not going to hatch. Some are heavier than others but I can't be sure. We'll see when Sunday rolls around, hopefully there will be some babies here!!!

I just locked down yesterday also. I have 7 out of 15 that made it this far. They are a mix of cochin bantams. cant wait to see what colors they are. Everything has been pretty good with the bator so hopefully I will get a few.. good luck

As of lockdown, you will now find yourself just staring at the eggs all the time.......Nothing going on, but you'll stare at them anyway!

We have babies!!!! Out of the 16 eggs that were in the incubator, 8 have hatched and 3 more are pipped. It looks like I have 4 female dominiques, 1 male dominique and 3 female ameracauna x chanteclers. The other 3 that are pipped are ameracauna x chanteclers. I also have 2 chanteclers that aren't doing anything yet and 3 ameracaunas that I think are not fertile but will leave in for a couple more days and see. I will post pics when I can, I have dial-up internet and it is verrrrrry slow!!

It sounds like you are having a pretty good hatch after all!

Congrats!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom