First Hunter Pace

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by TMNTCkins, Oct 27, 2011.

1. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

My daughter went to a practice hunter pace last weekend and this Sunday is her first real hunter pace. She is very excited. Joining pony club has been great for her and she loves it!!
    Anybody ever done a hunter pace before?

Here is a few picture of her and her pony Otis.

[​IMG]

This if my favorite.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    How wonderful!!! Pony Club is wonderful for kids, great pictures! and Otis looks like he's worth his weight in gold!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I love how shes looking forward when shes jumping. So many young kids look down as jump.

4. TMNTCkins

Thanks. Jumping is new to them both, they have only been doing it for 3 months. We are very proud of her. Otis is great and is learning well, we finally found something he loves to do !!!

5. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:only 3 months? They BOTH look like old pros!! Look how willing Otis is and how confidant your daughter is!! Wow! So what kind of horse is Otis and how old is your daughter? You must be very proud and for good reason!

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:only 3 months? They BOTH look like old pros!! Look how willing Otis is and how confidant your daughter is!! Wow! So what kind of horse is Otis and how old is your daughter? You must be very proud and for good reason!

x2

I would NEVER have guessed that they were new to jumping!

7. TMNTCkins

My daughter turned 12 in Aug. they started jumping in July. Very Very proud of both of them. Otis is 14 yrs old 14.2 hand Morgan. He is a handful and has his own mind! Not an easy horse to ride and train and she has done all the training her self, with an instructor (sp) I do not jump. He has been our problem child for the last 7 yrs and all that hard work is now finally paying off. Very glad we did not give up on him. My daughter has almost five yrs of dressage training but with a different pony. She has wanted to be able to use her own horse (Otis) for many yrs but he hates dressage. So pony club offers jumping and it turns out he loves it just as much as she does.

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    She looks like a natural! I remember those days. I think the one thing that I had to get used to was that I was with a group of horses, and it made my gelding a little more excited.

9. Joz

Joz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    MidCity, New Orleans
    I grew up with a Section A Welsh pony and we showed in Hunter/Jumper shows in the Pacific Northwest. After I outgrew him I got a Section D Welsh Cob. I never did any cross country, and the one outdoor show I did was terrifying for me and Flyer. Well, terrifying for me because my normally sluggish Cob was now charging around a course, and my control of pace/stride/anything was GONE. There was rather a lot of WhoaDammit!-ing going on. [​IMG]

Several years later I worked briefly at a Hunter/Jumper barn in Maryland, who hosted a Hunter Pace. I was told I could ride, so I grabbed a horse I'd never ridden before (but who belonged to the barn and I'd seen jumped), squoze into my boots, and did it. It was awesome! I never did it again, but my goal now is to get into Foxhunting.

Otis has great form. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Beware: Jumping is addictive! It's a gateway "drug" too, next it'll be Eventing! [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by