first incubator hatching,remove from turner?

latisha34484

Hatching
8 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Fernandina Beach, FL
I have eggs and on day 11. good so far, live in florida my incuabator is a HHD. IVE ADDED NO WATER AS HUMID LEVELS ARE AT 25-34%,they sit in nonH/AC part of house. when I stop turning on day 18, I know to raise humidity to 56-70% ?? and do I remove auto turning trays and set them on the plastic mesh ON THEIR SIDES?! please help??!!

I have eggs and on day 11. good so far, live in florida my incuabator is a HHD. IVE ADDED NO WATER AS HUMID LEVELS ARE AT 25-34%,they sit in nonH/AC part of house. when I stop turning on day 18, I know to raise humidity to 56-70% ?? and do I remove auto turning trays and set them on the plastic mesh ON THEIR SIDES?! please help??!!
Yes. That is what most of us do. Some people prefer to hatch upright in cut down cartons, but on the side is the standard way to hatch. If you mark your air cells at lockdown, (day 18) you can generally tell what side to lay the eggs on so you can see them when they pip. (Usually a chick pips somewhere around the lowest dip of the air cell. So if you lay the eggs with that side up, you can usually see when they pip.) Good Luck!!!

Also I would shoot for at least 65% at lockdown. I prefer 75%, but most hands off hatchers are fine at 65%

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom